They are so famous in Musanze, Rwanda because every single person in that town loves them. I have been waiting my whole life to see them; I've been waiting 6 years to meet them and finally I got to!! In 6 years I've only met 2 riders, one's name was Obed and the other's was Rafiki. I met almost all of them now except for 1, Adrien. Adrien is in South Africa training but when he is in Rwanda, he is doing a training camp for teenagers who want to ride bikes for Team Rwanda. First we had lunch, then we did English school, then we threw water balloons and saw who could keep it the longest. I almost got my mom. Abraham and his partner won. Then I rode a coffee bike with Rafiki to the school to pick up his son. His name was Jonathon. Then we had dinner and went to our Bed & Breakfast. We had some really really good breakfast. And then, guess what. We watched them ride and my dad said he'd give $20 to the guy who won the first sprint and Rocky won! The bikes of Team Rwanda were so light that I could easily pick it up. There were 2 guys on old bikes who looked like they were biking for their life and they biked for 4 hours because they are trying to get on Team Rwanda. I hope they make it!

The race that Rocky won
Team Rwanda and the Coopers
 |
| Team Rwanda morning training ride |
 |
| Me, Rafiki and Wesley on the first coffee bike ever made. |
Me and Coach Jock
Their school. We played Bingo and I won the very first round! They are learning English and math.
Me and Obed. He stayed with us at Redding last summer.
Me with Rocky and Jeremy
No comments:
Post a Comment