(Simon decided he wanted to do a blog. I, his mom, have typed his words exactly as he dictates them to me, but also ask questions as we're reviewing the day to help him think through his thoughts.)
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Rwandan Safari
The other day we went on a safari day! First we saw a big elephant! But we couldn't get a good picture because he was hiding. Then we saw a very sick hippo laying in some flowers in a lake. We saw lots of hippos. Hippos sometimes look like rocks in a pond and can be hard to see at first, but then we learned how to see them and we saw them everywhere. We saw babies and adults. We saw a giraffe and got out of the car get a better look and was right in front of me! The giraffe was looking straight at me!! I was kind of afraid that a buffalos would charge us because our guide told us it has happened before. There were a lot of zebras everywhere! They were so cool. I really wanted to see an aardvark but we only saw an aardvark hole, which is his house or maybe a python lives in it, because sometimes pythons live in aardvark holes after they move out. Aardvarks live near termite hills and we saw millions of termite hills. Also aardvarks are nocturnal so they are pretty hard to see on safaris but our guide saw one once in 13 years. We saw lots of beautiful birds. We also saw crocodiles in the water...they are very hard to see because they like the water because it is so hot and sunny but we saw a lot of them. The guide said that sometimes they pull the fisherman in! There were tons of impalas and things that Wesley thought were reindeers. It was really bumpy and curvy on the road. I love safaris! And I think my Uncle Mark would really like a safari because he really likes animals.
This is the aardvark hole we saw that might have a python living in it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Simon I love reading all of your posts! I am learning so much. I didn't know about counting stoplights, slow ants or nocturnal aardvarks. Thank you for sharing all of you stories about Africa. I can't wait to read the next one!
ReplyDeleteLove auntie m