Sunday, August 4, 2013

Crab Trap and Sea Shells on the Indian Ocean

We visited Tanzania with my dad.  We went to dinner with his friend SMAK, who brought his granddaughter with him.  She was 5 and her name is Clarissa.  We liked her.  Actually we also found my Grampy in Tanzania!!!  We went to a cool restaurant on a beach.

This is a hole that I dug that was so deep I had to lay down to dig it.  But it was so deep I couldn't even touch the bottom.

This is a crab trap we made because there were so many crabs running around.  We built walls, a mountain, inclined planes, but we forgot that crabs can dig and climb, so after we caught him, he escaped.  Next time we could put metal on the bottom and maybe he would be stuck.  Or glue him.
If you look closely you maybe can see our crab in the trap.


We collected lots of shells and if you look closely you can see them.  My dad and mom and CJ and grampy helped collect them too.

1 comment:

  1. Simon, I am SO jealous! I can't believe you got to make crab traps on a beach along the Indian Ocean. That sounds super fun. I would have loved to have done that with you guys. You'll have to show me how you make the traps - I want to try it next time I'm on a beach along the ocean.
    Sounds like a really fun trip. I'll bet you'll always remember this.
    Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete